Awards and Achievements
Nebraska Wesleyan University is famous as a small school with an outstanding track record for student academic and athletic achievement. It’s a record of success that compares favorably with any liberal arts institution in our region.
- We’re 8th nationally in Academic All-America Awards with 162.
- We’ve produced four Fulbright scholars a year an impressive six times since 2000.
- Our students have won six Harry S. Truman scholarships for public service.
- And we’re second in Division III for NCAA Postgraduate scholarships, and fifth for all U.S. schools of all sizes.
Nebraska Wesleyan students are encouraged to enter the competitions for national and international awards, such as Goldwater Scholarships, Gilman Scholarships, Critical Language Scholarships, Fulbright Grants, Boren scholarships, Soros Fellowships for New Americans, James Madison Graduate Fellowships, the Udall Scholarship, the Harry S. Truman Scholarship, the Marshall Scholarship, the Rhodes Scholarship, and the Gates Cambridge Scholarship.
For a summary of the various scholarships and advisers, see Prestigious Scholarships.
Information for those and other special opportunities may be obtained from the Coordinators for National and International Prestige Scholarships: Dr. Gerise Herndon at cgh [at] nebrwesleyn.edu, 402.465.2347 and Dr. Cathy Nelson at cnelson [at] nebrwesleyan.edu, 402.465.2399 or contact the Academic Affairs Office at 402.465.2110.
See past prestige scholarship winners:
- Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship
- Boren Scholarship
- Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange For Young Professionals
- Critical Language Scholarship
- Ernest F. Hollings Scholarship
- Fulbright Scholarship
- Harry Truman Scholarship
- Morris Udall Scholarship
- Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship
- Rhodes Scholarship
- Rotary Scholarship
Contact or visit us
Nebraska Wesleyan University
Academic Affairs Office, Smith-Curtis 311
5000 Saint Paul Avenue
Lincoln NE 68504
402.465.2110 FAX 402.465.2537